Escape Artistry is excited to offer outstanding corporate team consultation and team building experiences at affordable rates. An unforgettable hour spent in one of our rooms will help your team build stronger bonds and learn how to work together, not to mention give them a whole lot to talk about at the water cooler on Monday morning!
Trained observers will provide the whole team, as well as managers, with an educated outsider’s eye. Post-show talk, private written notes, and more are available upon request. Whether it’s a helpful way to start a new team on the right track from day one, assess if a team is ready to grow, or discover whether a team is operating as efficiently as possible, Escape Artistry is here to help with your team building needs.
Placing teams in a new immersive environment takes them out of their comfort zone and can allow individuals to show talents that go unnoticed in their current office role or job description. For this hour it’s only about results; titles are unimportant. From salesman to CEO, Escape Artistry can recognize the strengths and weaknesses on both the individual and team level.
- Effectiveness of communication skills
- Attitude and ability to work together under a deadline
- Balance of work types (multi-taskers vs detail-oriented)
- Effectiveness of problem-solving approaches
- Team morale and emotional health
- Who might be natural leaders?
- Who has great ideas but is too shy to speak up?
- Who works best with specific direction vs. working independently?
- Who works well with deadlines?
- Who has a positive attitude?
- Who thinks of the team before themselves?
- Optional verbal feedback session
- Written and/or digital notes regarding the team
- Group photos
- Private conference rooms with amenities
- Brainstorming and thoughtful sessions after the Room Escape team building session
- Nearby restaurants, cocktail lounges and other entertainment to complement the team building experience
- Big and Littles (Good Food Good Vibes):
Tacos, Sandwiches, Burgers, Fries, Drinks all served with GREAT vibes
- Kate’s Thai Kitchen (Thai)
Really really really good thai food
- Umami Burger (Burger Bar):
A little further of a walk then our other recommendations but mmmmmmm their burger is our favorite. Vegetarian options are available as well. Full bar.
- Taste of Lebanon (Falafel and Grill):
Lovely lentils, tasty tabbouleh, fantastic falafel, and yes, you should also get the waffle fries
EATS near The Railcar
- Furious Spoon (Ramen):
Delicious Ramen set to the sounds of 80’s and 90’s hip hop. (They will not turn down the music). Want a quieter space for Ramen? Try Kizuki Ramen & Izakaya
- Dimos (Pizza and Beer):
Enjoy a super creative slice of pizza and/or select your own sassy salads, beer and other beverages. Want something a little more sports bar? Try Piece Pizza around the corner.
- Bru (Café & Private Room):
Café with great art on the walls. Delicious crepes, salads, sandwiches, raw juice, smoothies, coffee, and tea. Bru has a private room to rent in the back.
- Doves (Comfort Food):
Locally sourced comfort food. Great for Brunch, Lunch, or Dinner. Rather have tacos? Big Star is next door (and owned by the same management).
- Trencherman (Fine Dining):
If you wanna get a little more fancy, full bar, great wine list. If you bring the kitchen staff beer/wine they will send you free food. Want something a little more hip check out Violet Hour.
*We don’t currently offer souvenirs but these places would be great to pick up something special to remember your adventure
- Secret Agent Supply Co (Shop in the front, Social Change in the back)
Buy all your spy supplies (gizmos, disguises) and support local literacy programs!
- Transit Tees (Chicago EVERYTHING)
All sorts of Chicago themed goodies.
SPEND THE NIGHT
We are happy to:
- Leave a personalized note in the room
- Provide party hats, banners, balloons etc.
- Allow party planners to arrive early to set up items in the lobby
- Take fantastic post show group and individual photos
- Go along with your pre-set theme (Want to have promo on the train? Host a no pants subway ride? Spanish language meet up outing?)
Provide in-room staff photography upon request
Awesome! Let us know in advance and we will be happy to play along!
Escape Artistry is not only locally owned and operated but we are the largest Escape Room production company in Chicago! Our staff is trained to accommodate events as intimate as an engagement and as large as a 70-person corporate outing! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if there is anything we can do to make the day extra special.
WHEN PLANNING YOUR BIRTHDAY EVENT FOR YOUNG GUESTS
There is no set minimum age. Junior Sherlock’s aged 16 years or younger must be accompanied by a paying adult (one adult per four kids). Anyone under the age of 18 must print out and bring a liability release waiver signed by they parent/legal guardian. A minimum of two adults must accompany and stay on site with groups of youth (including birthday parties) under the age of 18. Please keep in mind that the puzzles are designed to be challenging for adult groups, we do not recommend this event for children under the age of 8. We encourage guests to be mindful of the group experience if they are considering bringing young or very young travelers to a public mixed-group escape session.
WHEN PLANNING YOUR ADULT EVENT
Please keep in mind we cannot allow obviously intoxicated guests into the room. No refund will be issued if guests are not allowed to enter the room because they arrive intoxicated. We suggest you start your party off with our event and indulge after.
Escape Artistry is currently seeking organizations who we can help with ‘FUN’draising in the coming months. Part of Escape Artistry’s goals as a company is to provide alternative means of fundraising for local 501(C)3 non-profits.
As a company, Escape Artistry is dedicated to working with local Chicago artists and organizations as well as fostering a community that values education, curiosity, creativity, tolerance and empathy. Escape Artistry was started by Chicago based theatre artists and we understand that asking for money is never the easiest or most enjoyable part of being a not for profit. This is where Escape Artistry is hoping to help your organization and receive your help in return!
HOW CAN WE HELP?
There are two ways that Escape Artistry can co-produce an event with your non-profits. Escape Artistry is excited to co-produce events with non-profits. Escape Artistry will dedicate a show or shows to your non-profit and advertise that $15 of each ticket will be donated to your organization. Escape Artistry asks that the partnering non-profit also promote the event on their social media platforms and send out an e-mail to their mailing list. People already love our escape rooms, so coming on the night that supports their favorite non-profit is a no-brainer.
- Off Night Shows: If an organization wishes to have a ‘dark night, night out’ on Monday (thinking theatre groups here) or an event during the day Monday-Friday, Escape Artistry is happy to make tickets available for your organization. The $28 tickets will be split $15 to the non-profit, $13 to Escape Artistry. ‘The Railcar’ can have up to 12 guests per show (which means the non-profit can earn up to $180 per show). If there is enough interest to fill back-to-back shows, GREAT, we are happy to help you and your organization earn more money as long as we have the time available.
- Regular Show Times: If your organization wishes to have an event during a regularly scheduled show time (Thursday or Friday 6:30pm or 8:30pm, Saturday 12:30, 2:30, 4:30, 6:30, 8:30pm or Sunday 12:30, 2:30, 4:30, 6:30) Escape Artistry can sell non-profits discounted tickets for $18 (rather then $28). The non-profit is then permitted to resell the tickets for however much they want.
- Your organization will be listed on our Friends and Partners page on our website. We will be happy to add a hyperlink to your organizations website if you would like.
- We will make at minimum one announcement about your organization on social media to help create buzz and excitement about your event.
- You get to name ‘Escape Artistry’ as a local company you are working with/as a donor. Grant application review boards LOVE to see diverse sources of income.
WHATS IN IT FOR ESCAPE ARTISTRY? Many people in Chicago don’t know what a room escape is. Even fewer people know that Escape Artistry exists and is offering an entertaining and immersive event. So by partnering with non-profits we get:
- To spread the word about our shows through your social media followers and mailing list subscribers.
- To build a reputation for being a socially conscious and caring company.
- Tax breaks - the money we help you raise is a donation and gets to be written off our taxes.
Having worked for a number of commercial entertainment and non-profits ourselves we know how busy you are. Why waste time planning events when Escape Artistry can handle most of the event work for you? If you are interested in co-producing a FUNdraiser with Escape Artistry, e-mail email@example.com for details.