We have partnered with our friends at Uprising Theater to ring in the autumn season with another chance for our community to give blood! Coordinated through Vitalant (formerly Life Source), this event will be held on Monday, March 22nd from 2-8 pm at our Time Gallery location: 1342 N. Milwaukee Ave, 2nd Floor.
Wondering where to stay in Chicago? Then you’ve come to the right place! There are plenty of great options for areas and places to stay in Chicago as it’s such a vast and action-packed city.
But where you choose to book your accommodations should depend on what you plan to do and see – with regular events, museums, the new Maxwell Street Market, a rich music scene, and much more, you’ll be busy during your visit. I should know – I’ve lived in Chicago for almost five years!
Whatever you seek in Chicago, this guide details a variety of options for where to stay. And while you’re here, be sure to bookmark this guide to the best day trips from Chicago.
Let’s dive in!
If you like unique, artsy areas, then you might want to consider a stay in Wicker Park. It’s a great area for people who are on the unconventional, eclectic side, with indie music venues, speakeasies, unique art galleries, and more. To see this entire cool area from above, I recommend using the 606, a repurposed rail line for pedestrians.
Wicker Park is also the place to stay in Chicago for travelers who want to experience indie culture. It’s full of thrift stores and bookstores, and it has a flourishing gallery scene. It’s also the home of the Around the Coyote Fall Arts Festival if you happen to be there in September.
If you’re a foodie, you’ll love this area for the artisan drinks at the Violet Hour, noodle joints, trendy coffee houses, and other small eateries that are some of the best-kept secrets of the area.
Pros of Staying in Wicker Park:
- Eventful, eclectic nightlife
- Many fun bars, restaurants, and cafés
- A very distinct and fun culture
- Easy access to public transportation
- Lots of parking spots
Cons of Staying in Wicker Park:
- Lodgings and shopping can be expensive
- The area can be congested, especially at night
- Some areas are not the safest places to be walking around at night
📚 Wicker Park Mini Guide 📚
Best Area for Hipsters
- ✨ Best Hotels – Hyatt Place Chicago Wicker Park • The Robey • Wicker Park Inn
- 🏠 Apartments – Browse Top Rentals in Wicker Park
- 🍽️ Where to Eat – Schwa ($$$$), Club Lucky ($$), The Bongo Room ($$)
- 🍸 Where to Drink – Violet Hour, Swig, Handlebar
- 🎟️ Top Attractions – Escape Artistry – The Railcar, The Den Theatre, The Hypocrites
Choose Your Mission!
At Escape Artistry, our escape rooms are "Chicago Original." All 6 of our games are handcrafted by local Chicago artists with custom puzzle games you won't find anywhere else!